Mana Education is a recruitment business which provides work-finding services to its clients and work-seekers. Mana Education must process personal data (including sensitive personal data) so that it can provide these services – in doing so, Mana Education acts as a data controller.
You may give your personal details to Mana Education directly, such as on an application or registration form or via our website, or we may collect them from another source such as a jobs board. Mana Education must have a legal basis for processing your personal data. For the purposes of providing you with work-finding services and/or information relating to roles relevant to you we will only use your personal data in accordance with this privacy statement. At all times we will comply with current data protection laws.
1. Collection and use of personal data
a. Purpose of processing and legal basis
b. Legitimate interest
c. Statutory/contractual requirement
d. Recipients of data
2. Information to be provided when data is not collected directly from the data subject
a. Categories of data
b. Sources of data
3. Data retention
4. Your rights
5. Automated decision making
7. Login files
8. Links to external sites
9. Sale of the business
10. Data security
11. Changes to this privacy statement
12. Complaints or queries
1. Collection of Personal Data
a. Purpose of processing and legal basis
Mana Education will collect your personal data (which may include sensitive personal data) and will process your personal data for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services. This includes for example, contacting you about job opportunities, assessing your suitability for those opportunities, updating our databases, putting you forward for job opportunities, arranging payments to you and developing and managing our services and relationship with you and our clients.
If you have opted-in we may also send you marketing information and news via email/ text. You can opt-out from receiving these at any time by clicking “unsubscribe” when you receive these communications from us.
In some cases we may be required to use your data for the purpose of investigating, reporting and detecting crime and also to comply with laws that apply to us. We may also use your information during the course of internal audits to demonstrate our compliance with certain industry standards.
We must have a legal basis to process your personal data. The legal bases we rely upon to offer our work-finding services to you are:
- Your consent
- Where we have a legitimate interest
- To comply with a legal obligation that we have
- To fulfill a contractual obligation that we have with you
b. Legitimate interest
This is where Mana Education has a legitimate reason to process your data provided it is reasonable and does not go against what you would reasonably expect from us. Where Mana Education has relied on a legitimate interest to process your personal data our legitimate interests is/are as follows:
- Managing our database and keeping work-seeker records up to date;
- Providing work-finding services to you and our clients;
- Contacting you to seek your consent where we need it;
- Giving you information about similar products or services that you have used from us recently;
Mana Education has certain legal and contractual requirements to collect personal data (e.g. to comply with the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003, immigration and tax legislation, and in some circumstances safeguarding requirements.) Our clients may also require this personal data, and/or we may need your data to enter into a contract with you. If you do not give us personal data we need to collect we may not be able to continue to provide work-finding services to you.
d. Recipient(s) of data
Mana Education will process your personal data and/or sensitive personal data with the following recipients:
- Clients (whom we may introduce or supply you to for the purposes of providing work-finding services)In this instance Clients are Schools, Colleges and other appropriate educational businesses
- Former employers whom we may seek references from
- Payroll service providers who manage payroll on our behalf or other payment intermediaries whom we may introduce you to
- Other recruitment agencies in the supply chain
- HMRC (For the purposes of paying you)
- The REC (Recruitment & Employment Confederation) for the purpose of auditing our services
2. Information to be provided when data is collected not from the data subject
- Name, address, mobile number, email
- National Insurance Number
- Nationality (through the Right to Work Check)
- Work history
Sensitive personal data:
- Health information, including whether you have a disability
- Criminal convictions
- From jobs boards such as: CV Library, Reed, Total Jobs, Apply4you, Monster, JobSite
- A former employer
- A referee whose details you previously provided to us
- Cookies listed in section 7
- A recommendation from someone known by you
3. Data retention
Mana Education will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary for the purpose we collect it. Different laws may also require us to keep different data for different periods of time. For example, the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003, require us to keep work-seeker records for at least one year from (a) the date of their creation or (b) after the date on which we last provide you with work-finding services.
We must also keep your payroll records, holiday pay, sick pay and pensions auto-enrolment records for as long as is legally required by HMRC and associated national minimum wage, social security and tax legislation. This is currently 3 to 6 years.
Where Mana Education has obtained your consent to process your personal and sensitive personal data, we will do so in line with our retention policy (a copy of which is available on our website). Upon expiry of that period Mana Education will seek further consent from you. Where consent is not granted Mana Education will cease to process your personal data and sensitive personal data.
4. Your rights
Please be aware that you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to be informed about the personal data Mana Education processes on you;
- The right of access to the personal data Mana Education processes on you;
- The right to rectification of your personal data;
- The right to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability in certain circumstances;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate interest;
- The right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling; and
- The right to withdraw consent at any time.
Where you have consented to Mana Education processing your personal data and sensitive personal data you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting Charlene Anderson. Compliance Lead on email@example.com or Managing Director, Alistair Nottingham on Alistair@manajobs.co.uk. Please note that if you withdraw your consent to further processing that does not affect any processing done prior to the withdrawal of that consent, or which is done according to another legal basis.
There may be circumstances where Mana Education will still need to process your data for legal or official reasons. Where this is the case, we will tell you and we will restrict the data to only what is necessary for those specific reasons.
If you believe that any of your data that Mana Education processes is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us using the details above and we will take reasonable steps to check its accuracy and correct it where necessary.You can also contact us using the above details if you want us to restrict the type or amount of data we process for you, access your personal data or exercise any of the other rights listed above.
We may obtain data about you from cookies. These are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. Cookies also enable us to deliver more personalised content.
6. Log files
7. Links to external websites
8. Sale of business
9. Data security
Mana Education takes every precaution to protect our users’ information and confirm that we take all the required precautions to comply with Cyber Security Essentials. Information and requirements for this can be found here: https://www.cyberessentials.ncsc.gov.uk/requirements-for-it-infrastructure.html. Our certificate is here.
Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, consultants, our accounts clerk or a marketing assistant) are granted access to your information.
Mana Education uses all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information. However, you should be aware that the use of email/ the Internet is not entirely secure and for this reason Mana Education cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information which is transferred from you or to you via email/ the Internet.
If you share a device with others we recommend that you do not select the “remember my details” function when that option is offered.If you have any questions about the security at our website, you can email Alistair Nottingham on firstname.lastname@example.org
11. Complaints or queries
If you wish to complain about this privacy notice or any of the procedures set out in it please contact: Alistair Nottingham on email@example.com or 01572 821985.You also have the right to raise concerns with Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or any other relevant supervisory authority should your personal data be processed outside of the UK, if you believe that your data protection rights have not been adhered to.