Advice for Teachers (Fighting Covid)
In order to halt the spread of Corona Virus (Covid 19), all schools across the country temporarily closed on the 23rd of March 2020. Now that Schools have reopened, we wanted to highlight the advice recommended by the UK government to keep all working teachers as safe as possible:
- Wash your hands - All staff and students should be washing their hands as frequently as possible, for at least 20 seconds, using soap.
- Catch it, Kill it, Bin it - Use tissues to catch your sneeze and dispose of used tissues immediately. Ensure all pupils and staff have access to tissues.
- Clean - surfaces and objects touched frequently should be cleaned and disinfected frequently throughout each day
- Prepare - if you haven't already, ensure that work for the rest of the year has been set.
- Stay informed - keep up-to-date with government advice and information regarding symptoms.
- SELF ISOLATE - Remember if you, or anyone in your household, show any symptoms of Covid 19 please ensure that you book yourself a test and begin self isolating immediately - DO NOT GO TO WORK.
IMPORTANT: Covid 19 is still an extremely new disease and new information about the disease is being discovered daily - the above advice may change over time so it is crucial that you keep an eye on the government website:https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-educational-settings-about-covid-19/guidance-to-educational-settings-about-covid-19