COVID 19 - Advice for Teachers
COVID 19: Advice for Teachers
In order to halt the spread of Corona Virus (Covid 19), all Schools across country temporally closed on the 23rd of March 2020.
Despite the closure of the countries Schools, a large proportion of Schools have remained open to ensure that key workers children are still receiving care and educational support. With a large number of teachers still going into School settings, we wanted to highlight the advice recommended by the UK government to keep all working Teachers as safe as possible:
- Wash your hands - All staff and students should be washing their hands as frequently as possible for at least 20 seconds using soap.
- Catch it, Kill it, Bin it - Use tissues to catch your sneeze and disperse of used tissues immediately. Ensure all pupils and staff have access to tissues.
- Clean - surfaces and objects touched frequently should be cleaned and disinfected frequently
- Prepare - if you haven't already, ensure that work for the rest of the year has been set.
- Stay informed - keep up-to-date with government advice and information regarding symptoms
- SELF ISOLATE - Remember if you or anyone in your household shows any symptoms of Covid 19 please ensure that you call 111 and begin self isolating immediately - DO NOT GO TO WORK.
IMPORTANT: Covid 19 is still an extremely new disease and new information about the disease is being discovered daily - the above advice may change over time so it is crucial that you keep an eye on the government website:https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-educational-settings-about-covid-19/guidance-to-educational-settings-about-covid-19